Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Short Re-cap of 2009 (aka - Christmas Letter)

Dear Family & Friends,

We hope 2009 has been as wonderful a year for you as it has been for us. It started off on a sad note, as I lost my grandmother in March. I was devastated that she would not be at my wedding, but my grandma always seemed to know what she was doing. She was going blind and told me she needed a seat up front so she could see, so I figure she probably had the best seat in the house with her view from heaven.

The beginning half of the year, I spent planning our wedding and on May 9, we were wed at Holy Trinity Church. The church was decked out in flowers from Easter, so I loved not having to worry about that myself. We enjoyed having a small event to celebrate our love for each other, and loved being able to spend time with all our family who had traveled such a long distance to see us!

After our wedding day, I enjoyed finally moving into the townhome I bought in November 2008, where Adam had been living since then. Adam was excited to have someone there to cook for him (though I think he may be finding that one to be a bit of a letdown).

Adam was kept busy over the summer by working two jobs: early AM’s at UPS, and Target a few days a week and weekends. While Adam brought home the paychecks, I turned the bachelor-pad of a house into our home filled with warm-loving memories from my grandpa and grandma's home.

At the beginning of August, we went for a road trip with my parents out to Oregon and Washington, where my mother’s family lives. We spent time on my grandparent’s farm, and then went up to San Juan Island (kind of off the coast of Seattle) for my cousin’s wedding. It was a beautiful garden wedding overlooking the ocean.

At the end of August, Adam started his sophomore year of college at Century. Next year he plans to transfer to the U of M and graduate in 2012 with a Bachelor’s in electrical engineering. Shortly after Adam started school, I went back to teaching math at Saint Bernard’s. I am in my third year, and it is now beginning to seem to be easier.

Near the end of September, we found out that we are expecting our first child! About the middle of November we were able to hear the baby’s heartbeat. I am due the first part of June 2010. We are very excited to meet our baby!

2010 seems to be a very promising year for us! We hope the coming year brings many blessings and much happiness to your lives as well!

All our love,
Sarah & Adam Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment